Today’s customer is spoiled by the offer; it’s hard to surprise him only with an assortment, so room design, a combination of beauty and comfort, comes to the rescue. Studies show that the right design of a store’s interior, (an interesting concept and its effective implementation) leads to an increase in sales by 15-20%. Original design attracts visitors and keeps them, that’s why it is so important for the owner to distinguish his store from a number of similar ones.
What is taken into consideration when creating an interior
Interior design has a triple role. Firstly, it should please, in other words, attract attention. Secondly, it should demonstrate the goods in the most effective way. His third task – to help remember the outlet, leave it in memory.
The main influence on the choice of design concept has a type of product. The design concept, in turn, includes the choice of color palette and materials, as well as specific parameters (such as, for example, the placement of showcases). In developing the interior, the designer must consider the following points:
- Specifics of goods. Salons of furniture, appliances and jewelry will be designed differently.
- The architecture of the building. The design project takes into account any significant details: the location of lighting sources, architectural elements of the sales floor (e.g. columns). Engineering communications (air ducts and mounting elements on the ceiling) in one case need to be masked, in another they are part of the style design.
- Corporate brand style. In this case, a corporate color scheme, logos and styling developments are used for design.
- Customer expectations. It is important to know who the main customers of the outlet – men, women, parents, teenagers, seniors. Therefore, the designer is provided with all the necessary information (age, tastes, gender). The project should take into account the needs and expectations of the target audience, so that, for example, a chic interior in a low-price store does not scare away the buyer.
- Design should correct or play up the shortcomings of the room. Small salon can be enlarged with the color of trim and mirrors. If a flaw (such as a load-bearing column) can not be masked, you have to think of his useful function.
- Proper marketing. To form a selling atmosphere, one product is clearly not enough. Increased sales are facilitated by the convenient location of shelves with products, cash registers and fitting rooms. It is important for the designer to take into account the marketing tools that determine the optimal location of trade equipment.
An important condition for the interior of any store: decoration (color and texture of finishes, design elements, trade equipment) works to highlight goods. The design of the store should be in harmony with the goods, in no case dragging the attention of buyers.
In working on the interior designer has to take into account the specifics of the stores of different orientation. For example, if the design is developed shop of flowers, do not do without bright light, moisture-resistant materials for decoration and warm colors.
Interior design of a clothing store can be any style, but here of particular importance is the layout of the goods (merchandising).
The task of the owner is to provide the correct assortment. The task of the designer is to choose the size and shape of the shop windows and to place the dressing rooms correctly. So that the purchaser is able to comfortably examine all the goods, things are not only lying on the shelves, but also hanging on hangers and hanging on mannequins. They create interesting compositions and match them by color or theme.
Goods offered by the store, often determines (or facilitates) the choice of style of decoration and finishing materials. For example, for a store selling electronics, the logical choice would be high-tech with its love of glass and chrome surfaces.
For a store selling high-end goods (watches, gifts), a respectable modernist or loft style is a common choice, for a salon of Italian furniture a timeless classic.
Design should take into account the interests of potential customers. This is why jewelry stores are decorated in a restrained style. The task of laconic design is to create a contrast: a buyer should concentrate on the choice of jewelry and not be distracted by the surrounding beauty.
Let’s analyze commercial design on the example of a clothing store
Today, customers run into the store for a few minutes, and during this time, the interior should have time to demonstrate the range, to show it at its best. To keep customers’ attention, designers recommend choosing unobtrusive, stylistically simple design, focused on the tastes of the widest possible audience. When working on the project use the following techniques:
- The main palette. It should take into account the stylistic orientation of the product. For a store offering a business dress code, an elegant finish in a gray tone is appropriate. Casual clothing is shaded by a pastel palette. In the department of youth or sports fashion bright decorative elements will be appropriate.
- Lighting. Its task is to create accents on a particular product. Sometimes the general light is dimmed, and the shelves, mannequins and racks are illuminated from above or below. To achieve the desired effect, directional metal halide lamps are used, giving a powerful and presentable light flux. However, it is necessary to ensure that the lamps do not blind visitors and cashiers.
- Store design for women. For the better half of humanity every detail of design is important, so women’s departments are made with special attention to detail. Here is thought about music, convenience fitting rooms, the availability of a corner of rest. Important role played by showcases. To encourage passing women to consider the collection closer, the showcases exhibit attractive models in the medium price segment.
- Store design for men. The design of men’s departments takes into account the dislike of most men to shopping. The men’s department is the realm of clear lines, clear layout, laconic color palette, chrome and wood in the decoration. Models of clothing and accessories are distributed freely enough in the hall, according to the size range, so that you do not have to spend time looking for them.
- Store children’s clothing. In children’s departments, there are traditionally two zones: for boys and girls. Within each zone, a division by color, season and size is possible. To decorate, choose light colors for the background, and more juicy colors for the accents. Soft lighting and safe equipment are of great importance. A good way to attract customers is an interior highlight – themed design of the sales floor. The theme can be a fairy tale, a cartoon, an exotic landscape, a game.
There are many techniques to help a store become more attractive (and successful). Emotional items such as lamps, mannequins, flowers, and lounge sofas help to create the right atmosphere. They are always noticed by customers and influence the perception of the interior and, therefore, the store. The hall should not cause a feeling of clutter due to the owner’s desire to maximize the use of retail space. Goods distributed freely and neatly in the hall arouse more confidence because they are perceived as more expensive.